Wow! After posting a sneak peak video of FMEasyCanvas last night, I received a lot of emails asking about the project. I guess you guys like to draw!
I'll try to respond to the emails that I've received over the coming weekend. In the meantime, here's the feature list for EasyCanvas (and a few screenshots down below)...
Easy to use.
• Create and modify drawings directly from within FileMaker.
• Uses familiar drawing tools, including pencil, eraser, line, text, and more.
• Select images, icons, etc from a library and add them to drawings.
• Save your work to FileMaker container fields (as png or jpg files).
• Use existing drawings as backgrounds, and draw on top of them.
• Add watermarks to your drawings.
Easy to integrate.
• One new table, one new layout, and one new script.
• No need to make changes to existing tables.
• No need to make changes to the relationship graph.
• No need for additional database files.
• No need for plugins.
• Completely unlocked, so you can customize it if you'd like.
• It's based on popular Web technologies, including HTML5, jQuery, CSS.
Designed specifically for the FileMaker 13 platform.
• Works with FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Go.
• I'm exploring the possibility of support FileMaker WebDirect. (See the screenshot below.)
• No plugins required.
And of course, it will be available via an open source license.
If all goes well, I'm hoping to release EasyCanvas in December. As always, look for updates about EasyCanvas here on my blog or over on Twitter.
A screenshot of a very early FMEasyCanvas build running in FileMaker Pro on a Mac. Click the image to see a larger version.
A screenshot of FMEasyCanvas running in FileMaker Go. Click the image to see a larger version.
A screenshot of FMEasyCanvas running in FileMaker WebDirect. This isn't fully supported yet, but I'm working on it. Click the image to see a larger version.